Friday, August 10, 2007

22 DAYS TO GO!

*Update to recipe*

I finally figured that I could put my countdown in the title box. 8am is really early you guys.

I'm starting to feel like a housewife...in the sense that last night I cooked dinner, cleaned, took Ozzy out, cleaned some more, and then sat on the couch and watched reruns of Friends.

In no way does Faince encourage this. Well, ok he likes it. I'd go as far to say he loves that I take care of him like I do. But he doesn't ask me to do it. I just don't want y'all to think that Fiance is some sort of slave driver who sits around on his ass all day and does nothing. He does a lot around the house. For instance last night, he moved everything out of the master bedroom and into his game room. This was a good idea, albeit a little premature seeing as my furniture, that will be residing at my parents house for the next 22 days will be our master bedroom furniture and the other furniture is for the guest, I mean game room.

Fiance also went to the store, gave me a massage, and let me take a nap. He's a sweetheart. I love him.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I never thought I would be this domestic. I always figured that one day I'd be the lunch maker and the backpack packer and the homework checker (although fiance will be doing the math homework). But I never thought I'd start this early.

Last night I made fiance one of his favorite dinners. This is what goes into it if you'd ever like to make it for yourself:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Thoroughly cook one large boneless chicken breast. Shred or cut into tiny pieces.*

Combine:
chicken breast, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa or Rotel

1) Take a flour tortilla and place on a cookie sheet. Spread on a layer of your chicken/sour cream/salsa mixture, cover with shredded cheese.

2) Place another tortilla on top and spread on a layer of refried beans.

3) Repeat step 1.

4) Place another tortilla on top and cover with shredded cheese and if you desire, (fiance does) jalepeno slices.

5) Place in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and you have yourself a wonderful little Mexican dinner.

Note: I don't have a cookie sheet big enough to make two at a time, so I always make fiance's first.

I also only use fat free sour cream and fat free refried beans. Same great taste, not as many calories.

(*updated per Margarita's request for clarity)

Enjoy!

*kisses*

3 comments:

A Margarita said...

3 weeks and one day!

8 AM is daybreak. I think it's naptime now.

Awww, Fiance sounds like a cutie/sweetie-pie!

That dish sounds yummy. I want to try it. I have a question. How do you shred chicken? Do you shred before or after cooking? Also, do you put the chicken to bake after it's already been precooked? Or does it bake all the way through when you make the different layers?

Mim said...

My bad, I've updated it.

Paulette Foley said...

Here's a secret...don't let the feeling from last night go away..even when you're tired and grouchy and want someone to think of you first for a change (I'm talking 5-10-15 years down the road)...remember the love that you felt for Fiance and the joy of doing something as simple as fixing dinner. If we could all remember the joys of "newly married (or married-to-be) life"...marriages would last forever and people wouldn't give up so easily.
I'm gonna try your recipe...Zack loves anything Mexican!