Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Job!

This is the week for new things.

I've refrained from telling most people about this because I wanted to be in my new office with all of the proper forms signed before I went shouting from the mountaintops "I've got a new job!"

I am now only one person's assistant, instead of twenty. I have an office that has walls and a door, instead of being out in the open for every one to attack on sight. I'm in heaven. The only thing I need is more surface space on which to work. I like to spread out.

So now that I have what appears to be a less stressful job I can also tell you that this job requires me to travel to NYC twice a year. The first of which is the weekend before my wedding. Hopefully we can work it out so that fiance can go as well. This way we'll both get a (possibly much needed) break from the wedding details. I have always wanted a job that requires me to travel.

And possibly the best part of all? I get to have margaritas with Margarita!

*kisses*

5 comments:

A Margarita said...

Wooooo! Congratulations! Let me know when you'll be in town, and I will CLEAR my schedule.

As for the walk up Campus Drive, I'd suggest wearing flip flops or sneakers and then changing into work shoes. Heels and a North Carolina summer just don't go together.

How was the move?

Mim said...

Yeah I wore crocs this morning. I just don't want to have to carry my shoes in every morning.

Unknown said...

I hope it is everything you want it to be and more. Congratulations (again).

ADW said...

Yay for you. New place to live and a new job that makes you happy.

Balou said...

Yay for you!!! That is awesome news!