Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Apartment!

Finally, finally we're done moving fiance's things over from his old one-bedroom apartment. Finally. Now we just have to gradually move my stuff over during the next month. Should be fun. But at least with my stuff I don't have to carry it down 3 flights of stairs just to carry it back up 3 more flights of stairs.

I feel bad b/c SB was in town to get her dress done and she spent most of her time here helping us move. It wouldn't have been so bad and we could have had everything moved in one day had it not been for one of our friends that promised they would help us move. We asked him to help us Saturday starting at 11am and he said 'no problem'. We didn't hear from him until 4:30 and didn't see him until 6, about 20 minutes after we finally got the washer, dryer and two couches into the apartment. We had a load and a half left. Something that with four people would take us about an hour and a half. But it started raining. So we then asked our friend if he could help the next day around 2:30. Again he said 'no problem'. We didn't hear from him unitl 6 (again!) and when we did hear from him the first words out of his mouth were "Oh, you guys aren't finished yet?" Now let me make one thing clear, b/c this friend happens to read this blog on occasion, if you were moving I would be up at the butt crack of dawn to help you. I wouldn't whine or complain all day. I would help when I said I would help. Actually, I'd be early and I'd bring the coffee and donuts.

But I promised pics so here we go!


The view when you walk in our front door. We have cathedral ceilings. It's wonderful.


Fiance's messy, messy gameroom. Yes, he gets his own game room. Trust me with all of his toys he needs one. Plus I don't want those things prominently displayed in the apartment. When we move my bedroom suit in, then we'll put the other bed in this room so it will serve as a guest room as well.

The very messy master bedroom. You know what? At least we've got everything in the apartment! Who cares if its messy right now...It could take me years to recover from this move. We're getting movers next time.

The only room that's semi clean right now, the kitchen. I'm just excited about the counter space. And the fact that I don't have to put my plates in drawers anymore.


Joker, enjoying his new surroundings. He has now found the highest place in the apartment. This is very useful when Ozzy is chasing him.

So that's the new apartment. We also have two bathrooms but I've always found it weird when people want to show others their bathrooms.

*kisses*

2 comments:

BekABoo said...

Yay for new apts! Movers are definitly the way to go! Thank God for the military! Hehe..I have a pic, just like your one of the kitchen, with the kitty on top of the cabinets. What's that about? Enjoy the space!

A Margarita said...

Hehe, I'm so slow. I missed the post about the move. Looks nice! I hate moving. At least it's done! Nice ceilings.