Friday, April 13, 2007

Cue Twilight Zone Music...



Ok, I woke up this morning and thought "Yay, Friday the Thirteenth!" Weird right? Well for those who don't know me...I LOVE Friday the Thirteenth. Mainly b/c I love horror movies and besides Halloween, Friday the Thirteenth is an excuse for me to curl up with some popcorn, turn off all the lights and pop in a horror flick! Fiance and I were planning on finishing the Sleepaway Camp movies but stupid blockbuster has sent us 1 and 3 but not 2 (I'm serious, 2 has been at the top of our list for a month, no wait, nothing but they WON'T send it to us...I'm going to have to call them and bitch) Anywho...that idea has been put off for a rainy day (aka whenever Blockbuster gets off their ass and sends us our requested horror movie) and Fiance has to work tonight so, oh well.

Well, this particular Friday the Thirteenth also happens to be payday for me! Yay, Payday! And this is what I love about being in a couple. Sure I love the cuddling and always having someone there for you when you need them (for example I had a horrible day at work yesterday and I called him crying...he's great, he cheered me right up) but what I really love and what makes me really feel like I'm in a relationship is the sharing of the bills (I KNOW, IT'S WEIRD!)

Well being the good fiance that I am I immediately came into work and started paying bills. I always pay both of our cell phone bills (I look forward to the day when we have a combined plan. February 2008 cannot come soon enough!) For some reason I thought that my checking information had been saved in his verizon account and I clicked all the necessary accept buttons and made my payment. After I pay something I go back to my online bank account to see if it's gone through (I love how quick things are nowadays) and it hadn't. I immediately started freaking out and went to check his bank account and what do I see? RED NUMBERS*. Oh no, oh shit oh shit oh shit. I have been at work a grand total of 40 minutes and my happy ass has to drive back home to give him a check to put in his bank account hoping against hope that he doesn't get an overdraft fee. (note to any bankers out there...you really shouldn't give a person an overdraft fee if that fee is larger than the amount you've over drafted...I'm just saying...$39 for -23 cents is STUPID! This has actually happened to me!) So I drove the 30 minutes into work this morning, 40 minutes later drove 30 minutes back to give him a check to cover the negative and drove 30 more minutes back to work. I'm not one who is normally superstitious and cautious on Friday the Thirteenth but you better believe I am now!

*my fiance is not a bum who has no money...we get paid on opposite weeks...and for now, being young as we are, we're living paycheck to paycheck...WOOHOO debt! yeah!

3 comments:

A Margarita said...

Haha, I totally know what you mean about the shared bills. It's so much easier when two people are footing the bill. Whenever I went grocery shopping when I was single, I NEVER finished the loaf of bread before it went bad. I was always like, "What a waste of bread and money. Why can't they make half loaves for single people?"

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I get to pay my own bills. Poo. But wanna hear a creepy story? My roommate's sister was driving down the interstate when her phone decided to stop working and it would only allow her to dial one girl's phone number who she hadn't spoken to in years, and then 666-666-666 kept flashing on her screen. I almost thought she made it up. What a coincidence.

Anonymous said...

so.. as I was reading, it never crossed my mind that your fiance didn't have a job.. and then you felt you had to clarify at the end, lol.
I feel like a grown-up when I pay the bills, too, but it's not a good grown-up feeling, lol..
-Tricia